MPB Yearling Futurity Rules
1. The Breeder/Nominator must be a current Maryland Pony Breeders Member at the time of nomination.
2. New Owners may continue the payment of fees through the original Nominator.
3. The Owner must be a current Maryland Pony Breeders Member at the time of the Futurity Show.
4. The four different Futurity divisions offered are: Welsh, Shetland, Purebred, and Hunter/Breeder.
5. Ten (10) original nominations must be received in a division to constitute a futurity division.
6. For futurity divisions to be divided by sex and/or Welsh section, there must be at least eight (8) nominations of one sex/Welsh section and four (4) of the other sustained after the 4th payment (minimum of 12 total).
7. If a division does not fill, the Breeder/Nominator has the option of entering the Hunter/Breeder division or withdrawing his/her entry with a refund given.
8. Payment reminders are sent out at least two (2) weeks prior to the due dates.
9. If at any time the Breeder/Nominator chooses to discontinue nomination fees, previously paid fees are not refundable and are donated to the futurity.
10. Prize money is paid to the top eight entries of each division as follows: 30%; 20%; 15%; 10%; 8%; 7%; 5%; 5%.
11. No new entries are accepted after the closing date of the third payment.
12. The same foal may be entered in more than one division for which they may be eligible (with fees paid for each division).
14. Ponies entering divisions for purebreds including Welsh and Shetland must be registered with their breed registry by the time of the Futurity Show.